Popular overview relevant with fitness model look, non-meal diet plan, every other day diet review, cardiovascular fitness, and Atkins Diet Jelly, Gordon Lithgow, Ph.D. on Protein Aggregation, Iron Overload & the Search for Longevity Compounds.
In this podcast, Dr. Rhonda Patrick speaks with Dr. Gordon J Lithgow, professor at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging. Gordon uses the tiny nematode worm, C. elegans, to interrogate questions involving the aging process and lifespan extension.
▶︎ Get the show notes!
In this podcast, Gordon and I discuss…
• 00:00:27 – The various qualities of C. elegans, especially as related to science’s deep knowledge of the organism, that makes it a perfect fit for this type of research.
• 00:01:40 – Some of the early experiences that actually lead to my early interest in the aging field and how it actually holds a little in common with Gordon.
• 00:03:15 – The role of protein aggregation as a possible fundamental mechanism of aging… even beyond its more established role in neurodegenerative diseases.
• 00:07:41 – Some of the fascinating research surrounding mild heat stress as a means to increase lifespan in lower organisms.
• 00:16:00 – Some of Gordon’s research into the effects of metal accumulation, particularly iron, on aging in lower organisms and how, in humans, it may be important to approach the intake of these minerals with care.
• 00:17:57 – The interplay between genes that influence iron-binding and the development of Alzheimer’s disease in humans.
• 00:21:35 – Some of Gordon’s research into the (perhaps surprising) effect of vitamin D on aging in C. elegans and, particularly, on the solubility of proteins… the loss of which is a feature of aging of particular interest.
• 00:23:22 – The critical involvement of the Nrf2 stress-response pathway in conferring benefits of vitamin D in worms… a pathway many of you may know about from previous discussions of sulforaphane, a robust activator of Nrf2 in humans.
• 00:31:53 – The story behind the Caenorhabditis Intervention Testing Program, a multi-institutional effort using the advantages of C. elegans short lifespan to screen for potential compounds that may increase lifespan. We also discuss the more expensive-but-closer-to-humans version of this program known just the Intervention Testing Program.
• 00:33:00 – Some of the challenges encountered with ensuring standardization of protocols across all of the participating labs in the Caenorhabditis Intervention Testing Program.
• 00:32:20 – The amazing genetic diversity represented in soil-dwelling nematodes and how this is also an advantage in longevity research.
• 00:37:08 – The synergistic way in which research in lower organisms (C. elegans in this case) works together with rodent research to better understand the biology of aging and identify potential therapeutics.
• 00:38:05 – The interesting possibility that certain compounds may have a different overall effect on lifespan or healthspan that is dependent within certain contexts (e.g. environmentally stressed or not)… this may add a little bit more complexity!
Find out more about Dr. Lithgow at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging:
▶︎ The Lithgow Lab @ Buck:
Links related to FoundMyFitness:
▶︎ Subscribe on YouTube:
▶︎ Join my weekly email newsletter:
▶︎ Crowdfund more videos:
▶︎ Subscribe to the podcast:
Tweets by foundmyfitness
Atkins Diet Jelly, Gordon Lithgow, Ph.D. on Protein Aggregation, Iron Overload & the Search for Longevity Compounds.
Low Fat Diet Strategy – Don’t Blow Your Diet Plan By Making This Mistake
These need to be included in your 7 day diet plan. What did you do wrong last time, so you turned out from your weight loss program? Many diet programs in the market nowadays are simply tough to follow.
Gordon Lithgow, Ph.D. on Protein Aggregation, Iron Overload & the Search for Longevity Compounds, Find more high definition online streaming videos relevant with Atkins Diet Jelly.
Teenage Diet Strategy – What Should I Do To Have Diet Plan Success?
When this method is integrated with some moderate exercise, you can quickly reduce weight within simply a few weeks. You can begin this by simply reducing the intake of basic saturated acids, and carbohydrates.
What does a terrific “Gain Muscle Diet plan Strategy” include? What are the vital elements to any meal plan that is catered to bodybuilding? This post will answer these questions, and address the importance of carbohydrates, proteins, oils, water, and caloric intake to the gain muscle diet plan. However first we need to comprehend how important the best nutrition is for constructing muscle.
Keep your Diet Plan dynamic. Keep yourself abreast with new trends in diet, and physical fitness. Browse physical fitness sites in the internet. Staying informed makes you aware of new diet techniques you can use in your own plan. Modifications in your exercise activities will likewise affect how you consume. If you increase your day-to-day exercise activity, tweak your diet plan also. The reason you go on a keto diet v atkins is to be healthy, not undernourished. Set reasonable goals. Reaching too far prematurely will simply annoy you. Little success, on the other hand, influence you more.
Snacks ought to be part of the healthy diet menu however it’s not required, it’s an optional meal. If you feel a bit starving, and lunchtime is too far, you can munch on a serving of plain yogurt with blueberries, and diet soda or water for your mid-morning snack. Lunch ought to be portable, one that you can consume while on the go, and the best suggestions are a sandwich of entire grain bread, a cup of baby carrots, and a can or bottle of gleaming water.
Climb up the stairs, clean your house,, and tap your foot while listening to music. The fact about health, and vegetarian diet planner is this– anything that can keep your body moving would assist. It increases your metabolism which in return assists you burn fat much faster.
The standard structure blocks to a vegan diet deficiency are good quality products of carbohydrates, food that are high in fiber content,, and proteins. Much has been composed, and spectacles have actually been made about what you are enabled, and not enabled to consume. It is composed, and spoken about like there is one particular tough lined method that sets out a yes group, and a no group. If you deviate from those listing you will stop working. It’s nonsense.
The Swimsuit Model Diet plan strives to clear-up your body fat content,, and shape your muscles to obtain soft womanly curves, that you can be stunning with. All that you need to get started with this program is a fitness mat, a small bench,, and a few dumb bells.
For your dinner you can follow the same menu. Each, and every 500 calorie diet recipe prepared from the oil that does not include any sort of saturated fatty acids. The very best oils for this specific diet plan are olive oil, and horseradish oil. You need to take some soups which are made from the black beans, pulses, and zucchini, during dinner. Seafood like sardines, salmon, or tuna, and baked veggies are likewise helpful for the dinner, due to the fact that these absolutely no calorie foods have the capability to satisfy your cravings.
Well, if it is so, then you are at the best location. You are going to need to give up things you enjoy doing, thats not necessarily the very best for you. Eggs can be part of the diet, and you can consume 4 eggs per week.
If you are finding updated and entertaining reviews relevant with Atkins Diet Jelly,, and fitness training diet, low gi diet please join in email alerts service totally free.